Caring for your Soy Candle
The following tips will help to get the most out of your soy candle.
Soybean wax burns cooler (30 degrees cooler than petroleum based waxes) and will not burn skin if spilled.
- Always keep the wick trimmed. With soy, you will need a slightly shorter wick than with paraffin. Even so, always make sure it is trimmed to no more than 1/4 of an inch. An untrimmed wick will cause your candle to burn unevenly. It may also cause soot and be a fire risk. For best results, after extinguishing your candle, dip the end of the wick in the melted wax and be sure to straighten it again.
- Always burn candles on a heatproof surface.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or within reach of children or pets.
- The first time you burn a container candle, you should allow it to burn until the top is completely melted. A full melt pool on the first burn will allow for a more even burn for the rest of your candle’s life. Allow 2 hours for an 8 ounce candle and 3- 4 hours for a 12 or 16 ounce candle.
- When your soy candle resets after a burning, it may develop a slight frosted or uneven appearance. This is not unusual. It is simply characteristic of soy and will not affect your candle’s burn.
- To help keep your soy candle looking its best, do not keep it on or next to a direct heat source, e.g. direct sunlight or a stove.
- You may have to gently "swirl" your candle if the melted wax extinguishes the wick. Pour off a small amount of soy wax into a fire proof container so that the wick burns hotter.
- If you have questions please call 256.653.1674 and we will be happy to assist you.